How to become a member
- As a member you have access to the courts at most times, just turn up & play, there is no booking system.
- Our weekly club session,which runs throughout the year, is open to all members on Friday evenings from 7:30pm onwards, please feel free to come along & meet some fellow members.
- During the summer months we also offer a supervised fun session for junior members on Friday evenings from 6:30 to 7:30pm.
- We offer professional coaching sessions for all members at certain times of the year, there is an additional cost for this but members do get a discount.
- For the more competitive players we enter teams in the local Mens & Mixed LTA leagues.
- Members are entered in our Wimbledon draw for the chance to purchase a pair of tickets for the Wimbledon Championships.
- British Tennis Membership to the LTA is free to Girton Tennis Club members. Please take the time to log onto the LTA web site, make Girton one of your ‘places to play’ and ‘Opt in’ to the Wimbledon draw.
- Footwear. All court users should wear tennis shoes. Anyone not doing so may be asked to leave. If it didn’t say ‘Tennis Shoes’ on the box then they are probably not Tennis Shoes.
- Members should wear the current years shoe tags, issued by the club, when on court.
- Waiting players. If both courts are in use and members are waiting to play, players should complete the set in progress or stop play after half-an-hour (whichever is sooner) to let waiting players take their turn (or, if playing singles, invite those waiting to make up doubles)
- Guests. Adult members are entitled to bring a guest player a maximum of three times, after which the ‘guest’ is expected to become a full member of the club. Junior and intermediate members may not bring guests
- Priority is given to adult members after 7pm on weekdays; after this time junior members may be asked to leave the courts to allow adult members to play.
- Court availability.There are times when the Parish Council hire the courts out to other users and we do not have access:-
Monday evenings after 7:30pm – the Netball club
Tuesday afternoons from 3:30 to 5pm – CAE
Wednesday afternoons from 3:30 to 5pm – CAE
CAE may also hire the courts at those times on other days of the week during term time.